Single Pitch Instructor Course AMGA
The Single Pitch Instructor (SPI) Program teaches climbing instructors to facilitate and instruct the sport of rock climbing in a single pitch setting. The SPI is the only internationally recognized single pitch climbing instructor certification program in the United States. This course will be held at Unity College and local climbing spots such as Camden Hills State Park, Acadia National Park, and Clifton Eagle Bluff. This is a 27 hour course that will run for 3 consecutive days with evening sessions.
- A two day SPI Assessment will need to be taken after your SPI course. This assessment will take a minimum of 16 hours.
- Certification lasts for three years as long as the candidate keeps current AMGA Membership and First Aid Certification.
- For more information go to https://amga.com/single-pitch-instructor/
- Professional Member of the AMGA
- Genuine interest in rock climbing and instructing novices on single pitch crags
- 18 years old at the time of the course
- 12 months prior climbing experience.
- Active climber with traditional lead climbing experience (leader placing pro).
- Led a minimum of 15 traditional rock climbing routes (any grade).
- Capable of comfortably climbing 5.8 while on a top rope.
April 19 – 21
Unity College: $550 (All equipment will be provided)
Non-Unity College: $650
Unity College does not have housing accommodations during the academic year.
Unity College Willard Climbing Wall and local parks.