Certification and Training Center
Through the framework of sustainability science, the Unity College Certification and Training Center (CTC) provides leadership and practical skills that serve people and the environment.
What we do
The Certification and Training Center provides excellent courses for individuals who are beginners to professionals. CTC programs cultivate and provide opportunities for individuals to discover and learn through personal growth, building social connections, professional development, and acquisition of technical skills.
- Cultivate dynamic lifelong learning
- Foster growth of a personal stewardship ethic and support for natural resources by increasing awareness, knowledge, and understanding
- Empower personal experiences in sustainability science
What to Expect
- Programs are hands-on and experiential. Students get the skills they need to be competent, responsible leaders long after their course ends.
- Instructors are experienced leaders and passionate educators. They retain a mix of technical and soft skills.
- Maine is our classroom. Courses are generally small at 6 – 30 participants. Depending on the type of course, all back-country trips will be a 1:6 ratio (staff: student). Our outdoor programs incorporate Leave No Trace ethics.
- We tailor programs to fit the needs of the students, including one-on-one guidance and support.
- Risk management and thoughtful planning are at the forefront of our courses, and we collaborate with State and National organizations to provide the best possible program.